Jowar Atta Pyaz Thepla Recipe is a delicious and wholesome thepla that you can make at home. It is packed with the goodness of jowar flour and the onions adds to the taste of this thepla. Serve along with a sabzi, dal and salad for a weeknight dinner.
Did you know – Jowar flour is rich in calcium, protein and Iron that helps in regulating the proper blood regulation. It is a part of millet family so therefore it is rich in fiber as well.
Millets are extremely good for diabetes and hence this Jowar thepla, makes a great diabetic friendly recipe.
Prep in: 10 Mins Cooks in: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 or 1/2 cup Jowar Flour (Sorghum)
- 2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt, to taste
- Sunflower Oil
Quick Steps to Follow:
- To begin making the Jowar Atta Pyaz Thepla Recipe, in a large mixing bowl add chopped onions, green chilli, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur and turmeric, salt, whole wheat flour and the jowar flour.
- Add water little at a time and form a firm dough that is not sticky.
- Knead it well to form a dough.
- Rest the thepla dough for at least 10 minutes and shape them into medium sized balls.
- Dust it with wheat flour and roll the Jowar Atta Pyaz Thepla dough gently to make a thin circular thepla.
- The diameter of the Jowar Atta Pyaz thepla depends on how thin or thick you want it to be.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough portions.
- Preheat the skillet on medium flame.
- Place the rolled Jowar Atta Pyaz thepla gently on the tawa and cook on both sides, drizzle oil or ghee and cook till the thepla have brown spots on either side.
- Once done, stack the theplas one over the other and serve hot.
- Serve the Jowar Atta Pyaz Thepla Recipe along with Dal Palak, Aloo Parwal Sabzi, Gor Keri Pickle , Palak Raita Recipe for a wholesome lunch or dinner.