Moong dal halwa is an addictive and delectable halwa assortment produced using mung lentils and ghee (explained margarine). it is a mainstream and rich halwa formula from north India.
Moong dal halwa is generally made on celebratory or happy events like Holi, Diwali, relationships, and so on Utilize a non-stick container or Kadai to make this moong dal halwa.
Moong dal halwa is delectable and one of the desserts you can’t quit eating. yet, making this halwa takes a ton of time and exertion. So make this halwa on a day when you have a lot of time, persistence, and energy.
Planning Time: 6 hrs Cook Time: 1 hr Total Time: 7 hrs
- 1 cup moong dal
- 9 to 10 tablespoon ghee (explained margarine)
- 4 green cardamoms
- 10 to 12 unsalted pistachios (cut into a mini piece.)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 cup full-fat entire milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 or 1.25 cups standard sugar or natural crude pure sweetener
Quick Steps to Follow:
Making Moong Dal Paste
- Douse the moong dal or mung lentils, in enough water for the time being or for 4 to 5 hours.
- Channel and afterward crush the moong dal to a smooth glue with 1/4 or 1/3 cup water.
Making Moong Dal Halwa
- Dissolve ghee in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the ground moong dal. Mix well
- Continue mixing the halwa on a low to medium fire.
- The halwa has the crude fragrance of the moong lentils and it should disappear totally before you start with the subsequent stage.
- So till at that point, you need to mix and cook the halwa.
- The halwa first is pale, at that point begins getting knotty, and afterward begins separating and getting isolated with the fat delivering from the sides.
- Break the irregularities while blending.
- Then when the halwa is cooking, in another dish or Kadai, take milk, water, and sugar.
- Keep this skillet on the burner and mix so the sugar disintegrates.
- On a low or medium fire, heat this milk-water-sugar blend till it reaches boiling point.
- The moong dal combination should arrive at a granular consistency before you add the hot milk blend.
- You ought to get a singed fragrance from the mung lentils and the tone ought to turn into a light brilliant.
- The fat likewise ought to get isolated.
- At the point when the milk combination reaches boiling point, add it to the seared mung lentils.
- The combination sizzles, so are cautious while adding the hot milk and water blend.
- Mix well. Stew and cook blending frequently.
- The fluid ought to get assimilated and by and by you will see the ghee getting isolated.
- Ultimately add cardamom powder, hacked pistachios, and raisins.
- Serve moong dal ka halwa hot.
- You can likewise decorate with any dry fruits and serve hot.
* 1 cup sugar is simply sweet which we like. For more pleasantness, you can add 1 or 2 tbsp a greater amount of sugar or add 1/4 cup sugar extra.
* the formula can be split or multiplied.