Onion Rava Dosa, this is a variety of the famous Rava dosa formula with onions. Simple elegant dosa made with semolina, rice flour, onions, and universally handy flour. A fast breakfast alternative. Rava dosa is one of the simplest dosa to make since no pounding and no aging is required.
simply blend all the fixings and permit the hitter to sit for 15 to 20 minutes and afterward you are prepared to make the dosas. At the point when the dosa player is resting, you set up the coconut chutney. The simplicity of this formula makes it a decent choice for breakfast or in any event, for early lunch. To make the player, you can utilize water or buttermilk.
Planning Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Absolute Time: 45 mins
- ½ cup unroasted Rava (sooji or semolina)
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon universally handy flour or entire wheat flour
- 1 green bean stew – finely cleaved
- 1 medium onion – finely cleaved or about ½ cup of finely hacked onion
- 5 to 6 curry leaves – slashed
- ½ inch ginger – finely slashed (discretionary)
- water or buttermilk as required – I added 2.25 cups water *check notes on the most proficient method to make the buttermilk
- 9 to 10 dark peppercorns – squashed
- 1 tablespoon hacked coriander leaves (cilantro leaves) – discretionary
- salt as required
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- oil or ghee as needed for broiling the dosa
Quick Steps to Follow
- Take the Rava, rice flour, universally handy flour, green chilies, ginger, onion, coriander leaves, squashed dark pepper in a blending bowl.
- Warmth 1 tbsp oil in a little skillet.
- Snap the mustard seeds first.
- The mustard seeds should fly before you add the cumin seeds.
- At that point add the cumin and curry leaves.
- Saute for a couple of moments till the cumin earthy colors.
- Add this hardening combination alongside the oil to different fixings in the bowl.
- Add salt.
- Pour water or buttermilk and make a slight player with no irregularities.
- The hitter ought not to be thick or of medium consistency.
- In the event that the dosa hitter turns out to be too dainty, at that point add some rice flour to marginally thicken it.
- Save aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cooking Onion Rava Dosa:
- Warmth the Tava or non-stick skillet.
- Smear a touch of oil with a cut of onion or a little piece of texture or paper napkin.
- With a spoon pour the dosa player from the edges towards the middle.
- Add 1 tbsp oil on the top.
- Let the base gets brilliant and fresh.
- Flip and cook on the opposite side.
- At the point when the two sides are cooked, eliminate the dosa from the dish.
- Set up all the dosas along these lines.
- Serve the inn style onion rava dosa hot with coconut chutney or vegetable sambar.
- This dosa must be served Hot.
*To make the buttermilk – break down 3 to 4 tbsp of yogurt in 2 cups of water. Whip the buttermilk very well before you add it to different fixings.