Sarso Ka Saag Aur Makki roti, this flavorful and super hit combo consistently makes the majority of us slobber. Sarso saag is a Punjabi Cultural food where saag implies green and sarso implies mustard. There is no alternate route in the strategy for making this saag. You need intensive arranging, washing, cleaving, and cooking of these leaves. The best Indian bread that best backups this saag is Makka roti(maize flour).
Steaming hot Sarso Ka Saag Aur Makki Roti and a touch of margarine or ghee is a yummy and lip-smacking treat in winters. You can likewise utilize other green veggies like spinach, bathua, fenugreek leaves, and so forth alongside also leaves to make the saag. In this way, here is a simple strategy for planning Sarson saag and Makki roti.
- Sarso Saag – 400 grams
- Spinach – 100 grams
- Bathua – 100 grams
- Tomato – 3 pcs (250 grams)
- Green Chilly (Mirchi) – 2
- Ginger glue – 1-inch piece
- Mustard oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely slashed)
- Maize flour – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1 Pinch
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – Less than 1 tsp or according to taste
Quick Steps to Follow:
- Clean the sarso leaves, spinach, and bathua leaves. Eliminate the tail and separate the leaves from it.
- Wash them all together with water, empty out the abundance of water.
- Slash the sarso leaves, spinach leaves and bathua leaves finely when dry.
- Likewise, wash tomato, green nippy, and ginger, place them in a combination container and make a fine glue.
- Spot sarso leaves, spinach, and bathua leave in a pressing factor cooker, trailed by ½ cup water.
- Close with a cover and pressing factor cook the greens until one whistle. After it stews once, kills the fire and let the steam settle down totally.
- Open the cover of the pressing factor cooker and crush the veggies with a scoop or spoon.
- Warmth 2 tbsp of oil in a wok. At the point when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds first. After the snap, add asafoetida, turmeric powder, and coriander powder.
- Saute for some time and add maize flour into it.
- Mix continually to cook the flour until it gets a little dull in shading.
- Presently add tomato-green nippy ginger glue into it and saute the masala until you see oil leaving the edges of the masala. Continue to mix at ordinary spans.
- At the point when the masala is cooked well, add the pounded greens into it, trailed by red crisp powder and salt. Blend well.
- Add 1 cup water and some green coriander also.
- Cover and cook on low fire for 10 to 12 minutes. Mix the sabzi after each 1 to 2 minutes. Sabzi is presently prepared.
- Take maize flour in a major blending bowl and add water into it in little segments to manipulate firm and tight batter.
- Presently squeeze some measure of batter and ply it well for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Then preheat a Tawa. Squeeze some mixture and fold into a round shape.
- Wet your hands with some water and straighten the mixture ball into a chapatti. 18. Gently place this moved roti on the Tawa.
- At the point when the shade of roti turns dull on a superficial level, flip the side and let it broil from the opposite side also till it gets brilliant earthy colored spots.
- Presently lift the roti with utensils and meal it straightforwardly on the fire until it gets brilliant earthy colored spots on the two sides.
- Spot the roti on a bowl set over a plate.
- Apply some ghee over it. Moreover, set up the remainder of the rotis.
- You can turn out Rotis on polythene wrap too. For this, apply some water to the polythene sheet.
- Additionally, apply some water to the batter ball.
- Spot a batter ball over it.
- Cover the batter ball with the polythene sheet and level the mixture ball with your palms or with the assistance of a moving pin.
- Gently isolated the roti from a polythene sheet.
- Spot it on Tawa to broil until it gets earthy colored spots on the two sides and serves in the wake of applying some ghee.
- Serve this enticing maize flour roti and sarso saag steaming hot and relish eating.
Serve this enticing maize flour roti and sarso saag steaming hot and relish eating.
In the event that you wish to add garlic to the saag, at that point after you splutter cumin seeds, coarsely mash 5 to 6 garlic cloves and add it to the dish. Saute until somewhat pinkish and rest follow a similar methodology.
- For 3 to 4 individuals
- Time – 75 minutes